Born into a Kenyan Sikh family, The Pink Tiffin’s owner, Sandip, is passionate about recreating the flavours from his childhood. Sandip makes sensational dishes from his Bungay kitchen, just a couple of miles from our farm. You can order his delicious menus online for home delivery or find his ready meals in local shops and delis (@thepinktiffin).
Serves 6 -8
Marinade and grill
- 1kg boneless chicken thigh cubed
- 20g ginger
- 2 green chillis
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2tsp salt
- 2tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 3tsp cumin powder
- 2tsp garam masala
- 3tsp lemon juice
- 3tsp vegetable oil
- 100 g Fen Farm Skyr yoghurt
- 40g Fen Farm Bungay Butter, melted
- Blitz ginger, chillis and garlic.
- Add salt, chilli powder, cumin, garam masala, lemon juice, vegetable oil, Skyr and stir.
- Add chicken cubes, cover, and marinate in the fridge for a minimum 2 hours but preferably for 24 hours.
- Place the chicken on a grill rack. Brush with the Fen Farm butter and grill for 10 minutes until cooked through and charred.
- Heat the sauce until boiling. Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and stir through.
- 180ml veg oil
- 50g Fen Farm Bungay Butter
- 12 cloves garlic
- 50g ginger root
- 2.5 green finger chillis
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 green cardamon pods
- 3 black cardamon
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 30g brown sugar or jaggery
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 3tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 110ml fresh double cream
- Blitz garlic, chillis and ginger and fry in oil for four or five minutes.
- Add bay leaves, black and green cardamon pods, cumin seeds and cinnamon sticks and let them sizzle in the oil for a few minutes until you can smell the aroma. Take care not to burn them.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for about 10 minutes – until the oil separates
- Blitz tomatoes and add to pan. Bring mixture to boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add butter and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add garam masala, jaggery, honey, dried fenugreek and simmer for a few minutes.